Hundred years of history
Founded 140 years ago,RCNB is a point of reference in the mediterranean navigation.Twinned with different European and Asian clubs, also maintains correspondences with various nautical clubs, detailed in the relevant linkssection. It is internationally renowned for competitive sailing for the organization of their race and its location in the center of the city of Barcelona to its members and visitors can enjoy comfort of their installation and services.
The RCNB is an associate founder of the Mediterranean International Committee (Comité Internacional del Mediterraneo, CIM), the Spanish Yacht Clubs Association (AECN) and Barcelona Sports and Culture (Sport Cultura Barcelona). It is affiliated with the Spanish Royal Sailing Federation (Real Federacion Española de Vela, RFEV), the Catalan Sailing Federation (Federación Catalana de Vela, FCV), the National Royal Association of Cruisers (Real Asociación Nacional de Cruceros,RANC) the Catalonian Federation of Speedboat Racing (Federación Catalana de motonáutica,FCM) and the Lonely Sailors Association (Associació de Navegants Solitaris ).
The RCNB as main objective, the promotion and development of the sport of sailing.
Also, secondarily, its purpose is to organize events and activities, sporting, cultural and otherwise, as well as nonprofit teaching the sport of sailing (2nd Article of Estatutos Sociales RCNB)
The RCNB aims to become a benchmark organization in our country, influencing how many associations, forums, organizations and sports federations related to sailing, and nonprofit, exist in your area.
Also aims to be the reference point and meeting place, private and exclusive, of people who share interests about its objects, seeking excellence in its services and facilities to be provided by this objective.
RCNB has received several prizes that vouch for its path as sports company. In 1999, we received the Gold Plate from the Royal Order of the Sports Merit. Furthermore, in 2003,we received the Sports Merit Gold Medal from the City Hall of Barcelona. Also, in 1998, we received the Gold Anchor from the Spanish Royal Sailing Federation (Real Federacion Española de Vela, RFEV). We have been considered Best Catalonian Sports Companyby the spanish sports newspaper “Mundo Deportivo” in 1997, and we have, on several occasions, recived the Gold Sail from the Catalan Sailing Federation (Federació Catalana de Vela, FCV).
- Chairman: D. Félix Escalas Llimona
- Vicepresident: D. Ignacio Ferrero Jordi
- Vicepresident: D. Jordi Puig Alsina
- Commodore: D. Marc de Antonio Altimira
- Vicecommodore: D. Toni Tió Sauleda
- Secretary: D. Joaquim Barenys de Lacha
- Treasurer: Dª. Diana Corominas Guerín
- Conservator: D. José Luis Pla Cid
- Member: D. Jordi Costa Florit
- Member: D. Toni Guiu Badía
- Member: D. Jordi Masllorens Reynals
- Member: D. Damián Ribas Malagrida
- Member: D. Pep Soldevila Maja
- Member: D. Joan Valsells García
- Member: D. Lluís Vendrell Pedrola
- Member: D. Mario Borrell Rodrigo
- Chairman: Mr. Marc de Antonio Altimira
- Vocal: Mr. Joaquim Barenys
- Vocal: Mr. Oscar Ibáñez Ramos
- Vocal: Mr. Marcos Palomar Giró
- Vocal: Ms. Elena Sáez
- Vocal: Mr. Pep Soldevila Maja
- Vocal: Mr. Toni Tió Sauleda
- Vocal: Mr. Pere Sarquella Ventura
OFFICE OPENING TIME
Monday – Friday from 10h to 20 h
Saturday from 9h to 19h
Sunday from 9h to 14h
A POINT OF REFERENCE
FOR LOVERS OF SAILING
The RCNB has been instrumental in organizing sailing races and a point of reference for lovers of sailing. Our Yacht Club hosts and organizes a series of prestigious regattas and events such as the Menorca – St. Joan race as well as the Conde de Godo, Puig Vela Clàssica Barcelona and Copa del Rey de Barcos de Época.
Our Sailing School activly impoulse the junior sailors training.
The privat restaurant offers magnificent urban sea views. It is the ideal place for relaxation and gastronomic enjoyment.
The restaurant areas satisfy the great demand that we have at our club. An ideal meeting point for making any business lunch, banquets, presentations and social events that you wish to organise a resound success.
- A renewed menu Furenell of excellent salads, fresh fish, quality meats and delicious desserts.
- A unique setting Through the windows, overlooking the terrace you can enjoy an inequable panoramic view of the Barcelona’s waterfront.
Sports facilities and social activities for the lovers of sailing
The RCNB offers sports facilities and social activities for the members in the port center based in the downtown Barcelona. The dock (Muelle de España) has 200 moorings usefull for yachts untill 130 feets length. It is also a social club with the aim to bring together members and sailing enthusiasts so that they can enjoy the services that we offer. Meeting rooms conferences, exclusive dinners, night views, Library, Confortable amplious terrace with a nice city view, Classrooms, Parking for members in the yatch club instalations, Sauna.